Wednesday, September 24, 2008

He's Free ... Kind Of!

Dad is out of the hospital as of 4:30 this afternoon. My friend, Michelle, drove him over to his car that was parked at Gary's sister's home. (Thanks yet again, Michelle!) Last I spoke with him he was driving over to KOA and looking forward to some good grub. Thanks again for all prayers and well wishes.

There was a bit of a change in plan regarding meds. They are keeping him on IV antibiotics for 2 weeks. We will accompany him to doctor appointments following his next CT scan in couple of weeks. Praise the Lord that we came to Nebraska so he could be closer to family! Although the drive and dripping might not be the MOST fun daily - it beats laying in a hospital bed recovering from major surgery!

God Bless to all -
J

3 comments:

The Meiers said...

Yeah!! Praise God! I got behind on checking the updates, but Gary gave me an update at work today and I was so glad to hear the good news! We'll keep praying...
God Bless,
The Meiers

Andrea said...

I'm so glad to hear things are looking up for your dad! Let me know if there is anything I can do while you are here, or at home! Thinking of you dear!

DeBacker said...

Rich and I are so pleased to hear about your Dad's progress. I think that Jet is the best medicine ever though. Just think how all of this worked out. It's amazing.
The Best to ALL of you,

Rosi DeBacker